Saturday, January 06, 2007

January 6, Trial Island (#2)

Pete and I snuck out for a couple of hours from McNeill Bay. My main goal was to try out the new Pacific Action sail that arrived on Friday and I installed this morning. It worked great in that it was easy to deploy and to furl. It also moved me along at a good clip - a fast paddling pace at least. It also seems to work quite well off directly downwind. I will need to tinker with the location of a couple of things and practice sail trimming a bit more, but it looks like it will be fun! I was sailing in all the purple/blue sections of the tack below and also in the second run north east from Trial Island. The wind was probably about 10 knots most of the time and gusting occasionally to 15 knots.

8.8 km, 4.8 NM, YTD 25 km.

No comments: