Wednesday, April 15, 2009

April 15th - Cadboro Bay (#23)

Dan and I went for a “Greenland Paddle” to put our two Greenland boats through their paces. We both were in Greenland style SOF boats and were wearing tuiliks. We checked out my new mooring and added a pick up float to it. We then paddled over to Flower Island and back to see how the weathercoking was. Dan and I experimented with the removable skeg that Brian Shulz designed and built for my boat and it perfored well. It definitely reduced weathercocking and also was fairly easy to put on and take off – a successful test! We then went to look bay to practice braces and rolls. My new Greenland “Disko Bay” boat rolls and braces well. We then went over to the yacht club to see how the SMUS sailing intramural was going - and did some rolls for them.


ScreenShot109


IMGP0709 IMGP0712 IMGP0714 IMGP0724 IMGP0717 IMGP0710


5 km, 3 NM, YTD 212 km.

No comments: