Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June 30th - Discovery Island (#57)

I set out at 9:30 to meet Pete at Oak bay Marina who paddled around from McNeill Bay as well as Dan and Gordin (who will hopefully have some nice pcs!) and then we went over to Discovery Island via the Chain group. Another beautiful day! Once on Discovery, we gunkholed are way around the island and then stopped for lunch on the SE beach on Chatham. I paddled the Tahe Greenland all day and Pete and Gordin had a “test drive” at lunch. I though it would be good to give it a full day test paddle and I was very happy with it. The cockpit was comfortable for a 19 km paddle and the boat seems noticeably faster than my other boats. It is more stable than my Greenland SOF and also even easier to roll. Hand rolls are a cinch with this boat! (BTW, I have decided to buy this boat!)


ScreenShot156


19 km, 10 NM, YTD 609 km

No comments: