Saturday, November 27, 2010

Nov 27th - Discovery (#111)

Paulo, Dan, Mark and I set out from Killarney and met Gordin out at Cadboro Point. Conditions were magnificent! Calm, a bit of current and no rain (or snow!) I was wearing my new waterproof breathable tuilik made by Paulo and it was GREAT! Just the right temperature and a lot more comfortable than a neoprene tuilik - I can see wearing this for most of my paddles. Gordin split off from us on the south side of Chatham (had to get to work)  and we did a figure of eight around the islands. The tide was high so we were able to check out "cactus islet" in the inlet by Puget Cove on Chatham as well as the lagoon on west Chatham. Though we kept up a good pace throughout, we also stopped a few times for some rolling practice.
the new tuilik

body brace

body brace
19 km, 10 NM, YTD 1090 km

No comments: