Saturday, April 21, 2012

April 21 - Trial Island (#32)

This weekend was the SKGABC guides exchange and it was hosted in Victoria by Ocean River Sports, so I was able to attend and participate. I did my CPR-C recert on Friday PM and then led a rolling session on Saturday AM in Cadboro Bay with Gerhardt. We had about a dozen participants who all worked on improving their rolls.
In the afternoon I joined a group of 9 that was going to paddle around Trial Island. The original plan was to leave from Oak Bay, so I figured I would paddle from home and meet in Oak Bay. Once at Cattle Point, I discovered that we were meeting in McNeill Bay. So I had a nice extra paddle! There were some nice currents swirling here and there and we saw an elephant seal!
click to enlarge
18 km, YTD 411 km

No comments: