Sunday, September 23, 2012

September 23rd - Discovery Island (#69)

While I left Helen and Mark with the intermediate rollers for the morning, Alan and I went for a paddle around Discovery. Conditions were glassy calm and beautiful, though here was a bit of a flood against us on the way out which slowed us down (especially as were were heading to Heritage Point on Chatham), but I was able to show Alan a fairly different route than Friday evening's paddle. In the afternoon I participated in another clinic with Helen and Mark. I made some progress on mt elbow roll, though it is not quite there yet and also on my forward finishing norsaq rolls. At the moment I am working on a forward-forward avataq roll that is giving me a good feel for how the norsaq roll should feel. I also had a go at a back deck sculling roll which was fun.
click to enlarge
15 km, YTD 819 km

No comments: