Sunday, March 09, 2014

March 9 - Cadboro Bay (#17)

I picked up a Whitehall rowing Oarboard to go with my SUP and decided to give it a spin this afternoon. Though not sea kayaking, I have decided to include SUP mileage in my blog this year... So here goes! I assembled the system  and then strapped it on to my ATX board. It was a very solid fit. My neighbour Dan helped me walk it down to the beach as it is a bit more awkward than the board alone. To my pleasant surprise, I remembered how to scull and was making my way across the bay in short order. I don't think I was keeping the pace I would in one of my Tahe's, but it was getting close at times. I think with some improvement in skill on my part, I can see that this will be a very fun full body workout in the bay. The SUP board is nice and stable in the sculling configuration and much faster than when being paddled. This is going to be fun!
click to enlarge
4 km, YTD 188 km

No comments: