Monday, June 09, 2014

June 7-8 - SSTIKS (#43,44)

Bill and I drove down to SSTIKS at Twanoh State Park at the south end of Hood Canal for a weekend of traditional paddling events. There were around 120 participants and some great instructors as last time. On Saturday I worked on my rolls and participated in a rolling "competition" in which I came third after Dubside. On Saturday I helped a few others work on their rolls and organised a team to participate in the "wedding of palo" race in which we came second (next time we need a small kid along to be the bride!). Bill did the race on Saturday and came fifth in spite of breaking his aleut paddle on the first stroke. He actually had the fastest time for the race by a minute since he started more than 2 minutes later! It was a great event and nbice to meet several old friends and make some new ones.
No track map since my GPS batteries were dead...
Twanoh state park beach
2 km (est), YTD 390 km

No comments: