Saturday, June 27, 2020

June 27th - Gordon head (#53)

I paddled around Ten Mile Point to Telegraph Cove where I helped co-lead a SISKA paddle with Alan and Jim to Gordon Head. It was a bit windy in Cadboro Bay with a stiff westerly, but as soon as I went around Cadboro Point it was basically flat calm! Conditions were perfect for a relaxed paddle out to Gordon head and we had lunch in Margaret Bay. After leaving the group in Telegraph Cove I paddled back around to Cadboro Bay. It was a tad windy as you can see from my track (50-60 kph at Trial Island - the graph from the RVYC site is not available today, but it recorded 25 knots at 1 PM when I was coming round the point...
Saw several bald eagles, belted kingfishers,  great blue herons, black oystercatchers, glaucous-winged gulls and a few seals and a harbour porpoise.
click to enlarge
20 km, YTD 438 km

No comments: