Thursday, December 20, 2012

December 20th - Cadboro Bay (#86)

I decided to go for a quick paddle around the bay this afternoon (it will be the last one for a week as we are off to Oyama for Christmas). I decided to go paddling around 3 PM and was on the water by 3:30 and home by about 4:45 after a nice evening paddle. It was getting a bit dark by the time I made it home. The Cape Falcon F1 is a great boat for the quick on the spur of the moment solo paddle. At about 30 lbs it is light enough to carry easily on a shoulder or arm and handles the local waters well. The high tide had floated most of the logs off the beach so the bay was strewn with logs. Two nights ago there was a pretty good SE blow which brought a couple of boats ashore at the south end of the beach. They were still there this evening...
click to enlarge

click to enlarge

It looks like I should be able to just make my 1000 km goal by the end of the year as I only have 17 km to go and 3 or 4 days after we come back from Oyama.
click to enlarge
8 km, YTD 983 km

No comments: