Saturday, June 29, 2013

June 28 - Sandy Island to Campbell River (#46)

Tom split off from Alan and I and went to get picked up in Comox, while Alan and I decided to push our way to Campbell River.  Conditions were quite calm, and there was a light drizzle/rain all day. Today we actually paddled all day except for a short sail for the last km or so. We finished off at the Ken Ford boat ramp, so I guess that is were I need to start my last leg of my around the island trip (Campbell River R to Port Hardy)! We stopped at Kitty Coleman for a lunch break and were met by Monica and Chris in Campbell River at 6 PM. A shower and a pub dinner were much appreciated after three days of rainy and windy weather. However, the SE winds associated with the crummy weather  is what enabled us to cover in 3 days what we had planned for 4 and a half!
click to enlarge
49 km, YTD 610 km


No comments: