Thursday, April 02, 2015

March 28 - Geldinganes, Iceland (#23)

I went for a Saturday morning paddle with The Reykjavik Kayak Club (http://www.kayakklubburinn.is/) out to Lundey Island. After a week of wind and snow we were faced by calm seas and sunshine. This was my last morning in Iceland of a two week trip, so it was a great way to wrap the trip up and get some fresh air before the long haul home. Thanks to Sveinn for organizing things for me and it was good to see a few familiar faces from my last trip.
The club house is well set up, made out of a collection of about 10 shipping containers, four of which make up the "clubhouse facility" and the rest of which are for kayak storage. The location is also a good one with access to a nice variety of paddling.
I hope to be back again and to be able to reciprocate the hospitality!
our track - click to en;large
zooming in to the clubhouse

10 km, YTD 217 km

No comments: