Tuesday, April 19, 2022

April 19th - Discovery Island (#7)

I paddled out to Cadboro Point to join Dan and Paulo for a morning paddle around the Islands. This was the longest paddle I have done in a while! :)

Conditions were good with a strong ebb throughout the morning and around 10 knots of SE wind. Great to get out around the islands again. There was a bit of lumpy water in the middle of Baynes channel. You can see how the current swept me to the SW for a bit in the middle of the channel and then I was able to paddle in a straight line! I also found it interesting that the back eddy near the "gap" between the islands gave me a significant push. I also tracked my route using my usual trusty Etrex HCx and my Columbus P1 gps logger and both gave very similar results! The P1 recorded a bit more often...

Bird list is here: https://ebird.org/canada/checklist/S107494468

click to enlarge

15 km, YTD 91 km

No comments: