Saturday, April 02, 2022

April 2nd - Colorado River (#5)

 I took the inflatable Blackfoot with us on our Utah road trip and managed to get it out once! I did a paddle down a stretch for the Colorado River from just below Moab to our campsite at Gold Bar (by the Corona Arch Trail). It was nice to have around a knot of current in my favour and it was great to get out on the water for a couple of hours. The river was not deep and I even ran aground at one point! Not a lot of birds seen, though I did see one great blue heron. I did get to see some of the petroglyphs we had seen from the road again from the river which was nice and it was cool to paddle down a part of this famous river (though I guess when I paddled on Lake Mead and Lake Powell I was on the same river!)

my track down the Colorado - click to enlarge

12 km, YTD 66 km

No comments: