Saturday, February 27, 2010

Feb 27th - Discovery and Tsunamis(#20)

I paddled the Tahe out to Cattle point to join Mike, Dan, Heike and Paulo on a paddle around “the islands”. Conditions were good. We had a flood to help us to the top end of Chatham and then we fought a bit of wind and current along the east side of the islands. The waves and wind were fun in the Tahe! We stopped in a bay on the west side of Discovery for lunch and I managed to record the Tsunami advisory message using my iphone voice recorder - wanted to save it to use with my geology and m,arine science classes! I peeled off at Jemmy Jones to head back to caddy bay – did a few rolls at the end before heading in. The tsunami wave was not noticeable when it eventually came in.


I have linked to the recording I made of the VHF Tsunami advisory broadcast: http://michaelhjackson.ca/pblog/tsunamimemo2.mp3


ScreenShot282 17 km, 9 NM, YTD 275 km

No comments: