Sunday, May 24, 2015

May 23rd - Breton Islands (#47)

I went up to Quadra Island to participate in the annual Pautik campout, an informal gathering of Greenland paddlers. WE camped on Rebecca Spit and had a leisurely morning of rolling practice and instruction. I spent some time working on my forward-forward norsaq roll which has been eluding me for some time. After spending some time with Alan coaching me, I made some good progress to the point that I got several double norsaq forward finishing rolls. I need to keep working on this as it now seems close! I estimate that I paddled 1 km in total, but decided not to count it!
In the afternoon I went for a paddle over to the Breton Islands with Andrew and Alan. The main  (south) Breton island  has a very nice campsite. I also saw several the Ochre sea stars (Pisaster sp) which have virtually disappeared around Victoria
It was good to see Andrew who had come all the way from Olympia to join us. It was also nice to meet up with several others of the "pautik clan".
click to enlarge
10 km, YTD 394 km.

No comments: