Wednesday, January 04, 2006

January 4th, 10 Mile Point

Well, that stats are good so far this year - I have managed to get out 3 out of 4 days so far! I have a feeling I won’t be able to keep that up once I go back to work!
Gordin, Tony, John and I set out from Smuggler’s cove. Gordin and I went to play in the tide race for a bit and then we all paddled north towards Arbutus Cove. I managed to get the sail up again and was going along at around 3 knots without paddling. We turned around near Arbutus cove as the wind was picking up again and made it back to Telegraph cove for lunch. We were working hard against a measured 15 knot wind. The wind dropped a bit after lunch and we paddled back to Smuggler’s cove. There were some great waves at 10 Mile point and also in the race (where Gordin and I went to play again!).


Our track from today.John, Tony and Gordin
same track, different background map. Close up of track through tide race



2.5 Hours actual paddling, 5.8 nm/10.7km. (40.7 km YTD.)

No comments: