Monday, April 17, 2006

Island View to Hamley Point, April 17

Gordin and I set out from Island View Beach and paddled out to Sallas rocks and then over to Sidney and up to Hamley Point. Right as we arrived at Hamley Point, Hans, John and Heike came round the point from the other direction and we all had lunch together on the beach by Hamley. We then paddled together (Heike and I switched Nigel Foster boats) to the southwest corner of Sidney Island where the two groups went their separate ways. Gordin and I continued back via James Island and practiced some self  and assisted rescues. I need to work on my roll…. The NF Shadow continued to impress me as a comfortable, fast and manoeuverable boat…

2006_04_17_hamley (11.4 miles, 21 km, YTD 266 km)

 Photos of the day:

Oystercatcher at Sallas Rocks Gordin poses by the oystercatcher One of many eagles seen today S1ishamleyptimg_3696_resize

All 5 kayaks at Hamley tafoni at Hamley point Looking South from Hamley Fossils at Hamley Point

No comments: