Saturday, February 21, 2009

Feb 21- Oak Bay (#9)

I managed to get virtually the entire Jackson fleet of kayaks out today. Jack and Mary were visiting from Alberta and Monica and Seasonn joined us for a paddle to Oak Bay marina. We had the Passat, the Shadow, the Sirocco and a Feathercraft out and all performed well. I had not paddled the Passat in a while and it was good to “renew acquaintance”. We wended our way along the west shore of Caddy Bay to Cattle point and then went over to Mary Todd Island and then through the marina. I put up the large spirit sail on the Passat and it did a good job, getting us up over 10 kph. We stopped off by the yachct sales where I scoped out a 19 ft hunter sailboat that I am planning to buy… We had to fight a fairly solid head wind on the way home and we made it back after two hours of paddling.


ScreenShot071 9 km, 5 NM, YTD 101 km.


No comments: