Thursday, April 05, 2012

March 28th - Peterborough, Ontario (#28)

When we arrived at our hotel in Peterborough, Ontario to visit our daughter Claire who is at Trent University, Monica happened to notice a bunch of kayaks in a rack across the street... I had to investigate and discovered Wild Rock Outfitters, a great outdoor store! They also happened to have kayaks for rent, so I had to test out the waters of Peterborough the next morning. I decided to launch the kayak, a Necky Chatham 16, from a park a few blocks away and explored a bit of the Otonabee river and "little lake". There is so much water to explore in the area! I think I will have to come back with my own kayak! There are plenty of rivers, canals and lakes...
my rented kayak
my track - click to enlarge
7 km, YTD 342 km

No comments: