Sunday, November 18, 2012

November 18th - Chatham Island (#78)

Dennis and I went for a morning paddle out to the Chatham group. I had an afternoon commitment and we decided to get out early to avoid the forecast strong winds. Conditions were calm when we set out and a strong ebb was beginning to build as we rounded the north end of strong tide. The tide was so high that I was able to paddle through many gaps that I had not been through in the past! The sun even came out for us for a while and the wind began to pick up as we returned. I was pretty sure I could see Nick and Ben playing of Cadboro Point as we paddled back to Caddy Bay. By late afternoon the winds were strong enough to knock out power in several parts of town and prevent Monica's flight from returning from Kelowna!
click to enlarge
15 km, YTD 915 km

No comments: