Sunday, May 26, 2013

May 26th - Discovery Island (#34)

Dan and I went for a morning run round our favourite islands. It was raining, but not too hard and the winds were calm - a very west coast day! The tide was very low (0.3 feet in oak bay at noon), and it was cool to see so many exposed reefs. many of our usual passages were blocked! The tide was ebbing quite strongly as we crossed over Baynes channel and we had to work hard to get past the aptly named Strongtide island. We saw the Ocean River Discovery shuttle in Rudlin Bay as well as a group camped there. I used my Aleut NLP on the way out and my shoulderless on the way home. It was interesting to compare them. I think my cruising speed was very similar with both (see the track) but they worked different muscles and at different cadences.
click to embiggen!
16 km, YTD 367 km

No comments: