Wednesday, January 01, 2014

January 1st - Discovery (#1)

Dennis and I set out for an early morning paddle around Discovery. On our way out I dropped off a small crab trap with an old fish head in it on the off chance there might be a crab on the menu. Conditions were excellent with a diminishing ebb current turning to a weak flood so we had little current to worry about. I stopped near Seabird Point to look for some more trap buoys, but no luck. When we rounded into Rudlin bay, we saw a paddler on the beach who turned out to be Paulo who had spent the night there! We chatted and then headed back all together. The crab trap had nothing in it, so I left it down until my next paddle - I guess that will have to be soon!
A great way to start the year!
click to enlarge
15 km, YTD 15 km.

No comments: