Monday, December 28, 2020

December 28th - Discovery Island (#100)

Dan and I went for a Monday morning paddle to clear out the weekend's cobwebs. Conditions were decent with not too much wind or current against us. We also managed to find a short section of lumpy water at the top end of west Chatham to enjoy. The tide was high so we paddled "over land" at the top end of east Chatham Island!

click to enlarge

Birding was pretty normal, except that I am sure I saw a ring-billed gull on Chatham Island. The distinct black ring on the bill and brown mottling on the back of the neck seem to be diagnostic... My bird list: https://ebird.org/canada/checklist/S78174093

It felt pretty good to have completed 100 paddles in the year ( with time for a few more!). I won't make 1000 kms, but I might make 900. Not too bad since my goal was 50 paddles and 500 km! :)

click to enlarge

15 km, YTD 888 km

No comments: