Saturday, December 25, 2010

December 25th - Evans Rock (#120)

I walked down to the beach to have a look and was inspired by seeing Paula from KayakYak out in her inflatable on the other side of the bay, so I decided to head out for a short one. I managed to catch up with Paula briefly at the other end of Gyro Park and was able to wave at Marke and family as I paddled by their house. A nice surprise was running into Andrew (a student of mine from 1994) who was spending Christmas with his parents. After paddling out to Flower Islet and Evans rock, I made my way back across the bay and then back through the yacht club and the moorage. The ketch that ran aground on Thursday was afloat again. It was a dramatic change to see the bay so calm again after such a windy week. See the plot from Julian's weather station at Ten mile Point
The week's weather - four days with strong SE winds (click to enlarge)
4 km, 2 NM, YTD 1176 km

No comments: